Music in the gardens will be featured every Sunday in March at the Sunnylands Center & Gardens. Performances feature a variety of musicians and groups from string to a capella to soft rock that will provide a musical background for guest strolling through the award winning gadens or enjoying refreshments at the Sunnylands Café.
Guests are welcome to bring lawn chairs and picnics to enjoy along with the music, but we ask that you read our picnic rules.
- March 3 Reed Brothers – Singer-songwriter Dennis Roger Reed and instrumentalist Don Reed have been playing music for more than three decades. Well known as performers throughout Southern California, both brothers are also teachers of songwriting and composition.
- March 10 Joey Latimer – Singer/songwriter/composer from Idyllwild, California, Latimer will perform music from a variety of genres including pop, folk, acoustic blues, and jazz.
- March 17 Jazzgrass – put together in 1999 by Idyllwild resident Barnaby Finch, this band honors the newer and more progressive side of Bluegrass music. The group includes Don Reed on mandolin, dobro, and guitar; Lily McCabe and her partner Wayne Cameron on fiddle; Bill Saitta on bass; and Jeff Olson on drums; along with other guest musicians and singers.
- March 24 Vientos Trio – Ryan Zwahlen, oboe; Jennifer Stevenson, clarinet; and Michael Krenier, bassoon, comprise one of the premier new wind ensembles in Southern California. In addition to performing, they are committed to music education and outreach and perform their Musical Adventures in schools around the area.
- March 31 Skeleton Crew – The project of Lenny Hansel, Skeleton Crew bridges the gap between country, swing, and the blues. Hansel uses over 25 different tunings to find just the right texture and voicing, the foundation of his own original style.